Monday 14 March 2016

Blueberry Yogurt Cake



A Yummy Cake For Tea









This recipe is wonderful. It is a favourite in my family and never goes wrong. It is so easy to prepare: just one bowl and very little attention. Sadly I forgot to take photos along the way but here is the finished cake along with a very detailed recipe that I always use. It can be made with any fruit but raspberries or blueberries seem to work the very best. Today I am going with blueberries. There are several similar recipes on the Internet and this one has been tweaked to my liking - not sure which original one I used.



Ingredients:
1 cup Greek yogurt (I use the one with added honey)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup olive oil
2 cups self raising flour
1 carton blueberries

Method:
Put all the ingredients (except the blueberries) into a mixing bowl and beat gently.
Add the blueberries (or raspberries) and gently fold in.
Grease and line an 8inch tin and put the mixture in it.

Cook:
Cook at 170 degrees for one hour. Test until a skewer comes out dry - may need another five minutes.

The cake needs to be eaten very quickly as with its high yogurt content it can quickly go mouldy - this really shouldn't be a problem as it is so very good! I love it with a dollop of yogurt.
















Finished cake here - now doesn't that look wonderful?

2 comments:

  1. I bought the yoghurt today and will try it. Will it keep in the fridge for a couple of days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep in the fridge - in my house there is never any left to store!

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.