Monday 4 October 2010

Passion Flower In The Rain

Sloshing About After The Rain
We have had the most amazing downpours over the past few days and the garden is simply dripping with water so I was very surprised this morning to find a passion flower still flowering in a sheltered spot in my garden. I have several growing in the boundaries among the trees and bushes and one prolific one growing on a pergola but at this time of the year most have finished flowering and turned to an inedible fruit, which is bright orange in colour and rather like a plum in size and shape. But this beauty is still clinging on to flower ...

Passiflora Caerulea - The Common Passionflower

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty flower, that's certainly one I'll have to think about adding to the list of things I'd like to see in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was reincarnated and a flower was my chosen mission, i would be all over this one!!!! Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.