Sunday 24 October 2010

Last Night's Dinner

Pork Chops With Beetroot Chutney and Apricots


I Love This!


Last week I made a very simple chutney with some beetroots. It tasted delicious with cheese and meat and yesterday it went wonderfully well with pork chops. The recipe was simple. Just a quick browning of the chops in a little olive oil and butter (I did mine on a griddle pan) and then straight into the oven for around ten minutes to cook through. At this point I added some stewed apricots and warmed it all through together before serving with the beetroot chutney and a green salad.


Pork Chops, Apricots and Beetroot Chutney


Beetroot Chutney


Ingredients:
3lb cooked beetroot, diced into small cubes
1lb Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
1lb onions, finely chopped
 lb granulated sugar
600ml spiced white wine vinegar
2 teaspoon sea salt
Method:
Put all the chopped ingredients into a huge pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for around one hour until thickened and fully integrated. Bottle into sterilized jars - this quantity makes around six jars.


Beetroot Chutney

3 comments:

  1. I like beetroot never tried it as a chutney thou, Sounds yummy,

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dug the last few beetroot from the garden a couple of days ago and have been thinking that I need to do something with them before they go soft. This chutney sounds ideal - so that'll be tomorrow's job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief Annabelle, you must have been hungry!

    After my jam to giant wine gum experiment, I think I will leave this recipe to you experts; looks delicious though.

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.