Tuesday 14 September 2010

Some Eye Candy

 J. Crew


I fell in love with this wonderful picture advertising  J. Crew when a friend gave me the catalogue recently. Unfortunately, I then found that  J. Crew is a wholly American company with no London branches, and until early this year it has been impossible to buy it in the U.K. Now it is possible to buy some limited items online from  Net A Porter   I first noticed this brand when Michelle Obama became regularly  photographed and was often pictured in their clothing. I think she always looks so good and wears fashionable but understated and very simple clothes. I just love it don't you ... both the picture and the brand!

From J. Crew Catalogue

 Boden


Our equivalent brand is probably  Boden.  They have a similar style and outlook and are aimed at a similar age range and type, and ... Michelle Obama is a fan of this brand too!


From Boden Catalogue

I am not so fond of  Boden  (well maybe just a little fan?) because I find the colours less to my liking and generally more garish. I think that I prefer the understated more muted palette of J. Crew.

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I've not heard of J Crew clothes before, but I do have the Boden catalogue, and bought a wonderful top and a couple of dresses from there earlier this year. I love bright colours, to Boden's right up my street. I'm looking forward to seeing their winter catalogue.

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.