Friday 9 July 2010

Mini Fish Quilt

Rainbows in 
the Stream mini-quilt 2
zoom
Rainbows in 
the Stream mini-quilt 2 Rainbows in 
the Stream mini-quilt 2 Rainbows in 
the Stream mini-quilt 2 Rainbows in 
the Stream mini-quilt 2

I saw this lovely mini quilt on Etsy and was not surprised to see that it was by 'OhThisNose'  in the USA who appears to do some very imaginative quilting and applique. This one is on sale at 15$. See the link here to her work.


Again, not being particularly artistic I used this mini-quilt as inspiration for my own. My first is not at all inspirational but I aim to work on this idea to do a series of mini quilts for a fishing friend. Below is my fairly poor copy, which I have titled 'Not Very Fishy!'


I have used a compliment of batiks, which lend themselves very well to this kind of patchwork picture and used a 'quilt as you go' on the panels before I joined them with a simple overlock stitch. The backing is the same batik as on the binding and the panel is filled with wadding to give a little depth to the quilted picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.